Basic Services Staff Winter On-Call Position
This day services staff person will be a member of the Basic Services Team, working primarily at our day center facility, which offers daytime emergency shelter and services for people in metro Denver who are experiencing homelessness. The purpose of the Basic Services Team is to create a community at our day center that is safe, peaceful and clean, where our clients are valued, respected, and treated fairly. The team member will provide a leadership role for clients of the shelter, volunteers and other staff in making St. Francis Center a place of peace.
This is a non-exempt temporary seasonal position with a schedule each week based on need. Some weeks this may mean working up to 40 hrs. Training for this position would ideally begin as soon as possible, but there can be some flexibility based on the employee’s schedule. Upon completion of the seasonal time and depending upon performance, the individual hired for this position may be invited to remain as part of the on-call pool for the Basic Services Team.
Salary starts at $15/hr. This position is not benefits eligible.
- Greet clients of the day center as they enter the building (must ascertain whether client is appropriate to enter the facility)
- Provide relevant information and referral
- Provide/monitor direct services (showers, clothing room, storage and mail)
- Uphold rules/standards that govern shelter activity
- Other tasks, as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with clients and staff
- Ability to de-escalate and work with people in crisis
- Experience working in a shelter setting
- Experience working with people who have mental health and/or addiction challenges
- Computer literacy
Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not required.
Qualified persons may apply by sending a cover letter, résumé, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Résumés without a cover letter will not be considered. Invitations for interviews will be extended upon review of qualified candidates.