Director of Volunteers & Community Engagement
The St. Francis Center Director of Volunteers & Community Engagement is a vital member of the Development Team responsible for and overseeing volunteers across the organization and managing community outreach. This position reports to the Director of Development, and is an exempt, salaried employee with a competitive benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the volunteer program across the organization, including planning, recruitment, orientation, placement, implementation and relationship management including:
- Management of the organization’s intern program.
- Maintain volunteer tracking software/database and all communications to volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to assist with the organization’s resource development.
- Represent the organization at community meetings and events.
- Identify and cultivate connections with community stakeholders to increase development and volunteer resources.
Bachelor’s degree and a required 3-5 year experience directly managing volunteer resources for a non-profit organization.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of best practices in volunteer management, including resources for recruiting new volunteers.
- Strong computer skills necessary; proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite, database management, and fluency in social media.
- Public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Experience in a development team environment and an understanding of the role of development.
- Primary work setting is in an office environment, but some efforts will require working in nonstandard workplaces.
- This position requires working some evenings and frequent weekends.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, and references with Director of Volunteers in the title to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st, 2020. No phone calls, please.
St. Francis Center is an Equal Opportunity employer.
St. Francis Center is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. St. Francis is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.